Good Good Food Pump
Double Diaphragm Pump ideal for pumping your food products, especially on high viscosity low shear applications. Designed for ‘quick strip’ which is tool free or the pumps can be ‘cleaned in place’ (CIP), manufactured throughout from FDA approved materials.
To Get Your Solution Started:
Request A Quote or Call +1‑770‑218‑8900
THE ‘GOOD FOOD’ PUMP GIVES FOOD INDUSTRY CUSTOMERS VERY SPECIFIC BENEFITS:
- the unique ‘One-Nut’ design which facilitates ‘between batch’ cleaning
- clean in place (CIP) connection as standard
- internal jacketing option, which allows the temperature of the product to be maintained as it passes through the pump
- an ability to self-prime – (3.6m dry and 8m wet).
- all ‘Good Food’ Pumps come with hygienic connections to suit the customer’s specific requirements
- low shear rate – permitting handling of large or delicate solids
- internal pump clearances allow for solids up to 25mm to pass through the pump
- the ability to dry run, making it possible to leave the pump running to completely empty the supply vessel
- diaphragm pump capable of handling very high viscosity products up to and exceeding 300,000 centipoise (cP)
- tool free maintenance allowing 15 minute strip down and rebuild by hand using the integral T Bar
- polished option available.
- FDA approved materials
- (EC) 1935/2004 (EC) 2023/2006
- Food and Beverage
- Cosmetics/Personal care.
GOOD FOOD STYLE ‚TOOL FREE MAINTENANCE‘ PUMP
When developing the ‘Good Food’ Pump, Flotronic were careful to combine many of the existing features of the ‘One Nut’ design with new developments. A good example is the air valve which does not require lubrication. On the ‘Good Food’ Pump, this valve is constructed in Polypropylene with Stainless Steel internals.
This air operated double diaphragm pump also sees the ‘One Nut concept expanded into a ‘tool-free’ arrangement using a removable T bar. The inlet and outlet manifolds can be removed by slackening just the two stainless steel handles provided. This means that the Good Food double diaphragm pump can be stripped and cleaned in situ, without introducing any tools into your food production areas.
One of the most important features of the ‘Good Food’ Pump is that food product passes directly through the centre of the pump between the two diaphragms. The diaphragms form the major sealing areas along with standard O-ring seals on the manifolds to complete the simple sealing system.
Special attention has also been given to the pump body and manifolds to improve the pump’s flow and CIP characteristics. The manifolds, for example, are deliberately enlarged to allow large solid sizes to pass through easily. This feature, together with the pump’s low shear, means that traditionally difficult products are easily transferred.
The divider seals are a good example of design allowing easy cleaning, as they are easily removed by hand for washing and replacement in less than 30 seconds.
All external surfaces are in either Polypropylene or Stainless Steel – for easy cleaning.
Looking to quickly compare the features and benefits of different pump styles, to find the right one for your application? The Unibloc comparison chart is a great place to start.
Hygienic Pump Comparison Chart